Saturday 10 September 2011

First Gallery Appearance


Interesting news: I got a piece of my artwork in a local gallery!  The gallery isn't huge, but it is new and local and has some terrific stuff in as well as excellent coffee and home made cakes and pies.  Well worth a visit.
 
 
The piece that was accepted was an old one of mine that also appeared in the only thing I've been published in, Aether d'Animaux ( http://www.intrinsikdesign.com/clients/aether/buy.html ) and is titled Eighties Jazz Cat.  The bulk of my framed work was considered too controversial for the conservative market, unsurprisingly.  However, I view this as an opportunity and I have already started taking photographs around the town for stuff I'm going to paint to better fit with what the gallery is about.
 
Expect to see some nice new art from me in the near future.  I've got a very clear idea for a Rememberance Sunday piece focused on the war memorial in town.
 
I feel all invigorated and enthused about my art in a way I haven't for some time.  Tomorrow I'm off to Wirksworth for the festival http://www.wirksworthfestival.co.uk/  there, but it's unlikely I'll get to the Melbourne Festival http://www.melbournefestival.co.uk/ as that's a bit too far for me to travel on the current budget.
 
Once a week, I'm hoping to drop into the coffee shop for a coffee and some sketching, it's got a great atmosphere and it's just what I've been after.  Who knows, this could be the start of something awesome, but I'm not going to count any chickens just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment